Thursday, April 3, 2014

Days without an end in sight...

Meds. Plain and simple. Meds are a choice you make for you, for your child, for your family. My son is medicated for his ADD. I do not feel bad about this. I do not regret medicating him. I stand firm on my decision to medicate him in order to give him the best possible chance to succeed in life. That being said this particular child isn't able to stay on his meds for very long before his kidneys say, "uh, nah, we don't like that, we are gonna just get rid of it for you". Unfortunately it has meant a LOT of med changes and dosage changes throughout his life. I suppose that's what makes it so hard on me as the mom. For a short while, when the pills are working, the cosmos align and I get a temporary glimpse at my son, the real kid. I see his happiness, his silliness, his focus, and his determination. Then just like that...it's gone again. I think his kidneys are out to get me. They are purposefully stressing me out in order to drive me mad. Or maybe not. Maybe some people are just given a different path through life. What are you gonna do? When life hands you lemons, add some vodka and sit back and enjoy the ride. We are going to have enough moments of anger, sadness, regret, and sorrow...why bother with it over something you can't control. 
~I'm No Supermom~
#wishmeluckondaysliketoday
#thunderstormssoothme
#neveradullmoment

No comments:

Post a Comment