Friday, February 28, 2014

Nothing like watching a girl with questionable self esteem flourish!

Some mornings are hard. Some mornings #3 has a hard time with her looks. She's beautiful, blonde hair, blue eyes, and legs for miles. Of course she can't see it, she's 11. 

Most mornings I hear she's not pretty enough, other girls make her feel bad, no one likes her, and a million other negative views of herself. Everyday I tell her she's beautiful. I tell her screw the other girls. I tell her in the grand scheme of things to take my word, these girls are seriously unimportant. 

This morning she came to me and said, "how do I look?" To which I responded, "Beautiful as always". She said, "thank you". I couldn't believe it. She said thank you. To me it means she accepted it, it means she knows she is. I couldn't be happier. Just to hear my one and only girl say thank you to a compliment. 

My day has been brightened! Hope yours has too!

~I'm no Supermom~
#onlygirlwith5brosisrough
#lovemydaughter
#normalisboring
#standupandstandout

No comments:

Post a Comment